Interested in The Hudson School? We’re interested in you.
Below, explore our admissions process, bookmark important dates, find out about financial aid and tuition, and see guidelines for international students. We invite you to learn more about our mission and curriculum. Click the Information/Application Request button to get started.
Steps to Admission to The Hudson School
- Start a conversation about The Hudson School and our admissions process by calling 201-659-8335, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by completing the information request form linked here.
- Our admissions staff will contact you in response to your inquiry. After we have spoken on the phone, learned more about your child and answered your questions, we will send you an application form. Your family will also be invited to attend an Open House or learn more about Hudson via a group guided tour. (see DATES)
- Our application has two parts: the student application, filled out by hand by the student, and a parent supplement which should be returned with the student application and may be typed on a separate sheet if needed. There is a $75.00 processing fee.
- To complete your application, you will be asked to provide the following additional documentation:
- Transcript of final reports from previous grades.
- A report card from the current school year.
- Recommendations from your current math and language arts/English teacher. The Hudson School will provide you with recommendation forms for your teachers.
- ISEE or SSAT examination results. (Individual English language testing is available for international students.)*
- A copy of your most recent school-based standardized assessment test scores
- Additional recommendations will be accepted, but are not mandatory.
- Additional student work, either hard copy or video, will be accepted as part of the application, but is not required.
- As soon we have received your application and supplementary documentation, we will invite you to spend a day visiting our school. All applicants will attend classes and meet with faculty and administrators and have an in-person interview with admissions staff. Parents will be invited to an optional information session with admissions staff or the Head of School.
Please note: Due to the limited number of openings at each grade level, please do not delay in providing us with the information we need to consider your application. Applications will be accepted beyond the listed deadlines for classes where space is available. Please contact email@example.com with questions about availability.
*The Hudson School accepts the ISEE and SSAT (and in special cases, alternative tests) as part of the admissions process. We at The Hudson School are happy to serve as a host site for the ISEE. Test dates for taking the ISEE at The Hudson School in 2018 are November 3rd and December 1st. For more information, see Taking the Test tab. You may take the examination at any authorized test site.
To register to take the Independent Schools Entrance Exam (ISEE), you must register online at the ISEE registration site. When registering, please note that our school code is 311780. There is a $110 fee for the ISEE. Fee waivers are available to families that demonstrate financial need; however the applicant must take the examination at The Hudson School in order to receive the waiver. To receive a fee waiver code, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the test online. Before taking the examination, the parents and students should read the section “Preparing for the Admissions Test” on the ERB website. A reminder: you must register in advance in order to take the ISEE at The Hudson School.
The Hudson School also accepts the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) as a substitute for the ISEE. More information can be found at http://www.ssat.org/
Dates to remember for the admissions process for applicants for the 2019-20 school year
|Open House||Saturday, October 20|
|ISEE Test Dates @ The Hudson School||November 3rd and December 1st|
|Application Deadline||Upper School: December 15th
Middle School: January 15th
|Financial Aid Request to TADS||Financial aid applications are due on 1/18 for returning students and 2/15 for new students|
|Notification of Aid||by March 15, 2019|
|Deposit Due||March 22, 2019|
|Contract Due||by May 1|
- The test is scheduled to start at 1 p.m..
- Do not arrive earlier than 12:30 p.m. (We do not want children pacing nervously for 45 minutes before the test!)
- Children should sign in and receive a Visitor’s Pass between 12:30 p.m. and 12:50 p.m.
- Children should bring a beverage or snack.
- Testing will begin at 1 p.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
- Parents and guardians may wait at the school or return to collect their children at the end of the test.
- The school will provide pencils. Calculators are not needed.
- For information about test makeup dates, please call the school.
The Hudson School is located at the corner of Sixth St. and Park Ave., three blocks west of Washington Street in Hoboken, New Jersey, a short walk from the PATH station.
View Larger Map
- The Hudson School does not arrange home stays
- All international middle school students must live with a parent, no exceptions
- International upper school students may live with a family member or a host family arranged by CIEE or other state department-approved organizations
In addition to steps outlined in the “Process” section above, international students will have an English assessment on all four skills conducted by a Hudson School teacher to ensure correct placement in our curriculum. Please note that international students will be placed in a class according to their abilities rather than their age group. In some cases, basic ESL support in school will be sufficient to a student’s needs. In most cases, supplemental ESL support in the school, private tutoring and/or additional outside programming will be recommended. Supplemental ESL support within the school may add additional fees to the tuition costs and could range from $2,000 to $5,000. Private tutoring and outside programming costs will be determined on an individual basis. Families must agree to comply with the recommendations of Hudson personnel prior to admission.
College Counselor Ms. Berler reviews application materials with Hudson senior on first day of school.