Interested in The Hudson School? We’re interested in meeting you.
Below, explore our admissions process, bookmark important dates, find out about financial aid and tuition, and see guidelines for international students. We invite you to learn more about our mission and curriculum.
Steps to Admission to The Hudson School
- If you would like to have a conversation about The Hudson School and our admissions process, you can call 201-659-8335, email email@example.com, or complete the application/information request form linked here
- Our admissions staff will contact you in response to your inquiry and we are happy to answer any questions.
- Your family is invited to attend our Open House on October 20th or learn more about Hudson via a group guided tour. (see DATES)
- Our 2019-2020 Upper and Middle School application is now available upon request. The application has two parts: the student application, written by hand by the student, and a parent supplement which should be included with the student application and may be filled out on a separate sheet if needed.
- There is an $80.00 processing fee for each application.
- To complete your application, you need to provide the following additional documentation:
- Official transcript of final reports from previous grades. Transcript request forms linked here.
- Official report card from the current school year.
- Recommendations from your current math and language arts/English teacher. The Hudson School will provide you with recommendation forms for your teachers or you can download them here: English Teacher Recommendation, Math Teacher Recommendation
- 2018 ISEE* or SSAT examination results. (Individual English language testing is available for international students.)
- The following additional documentation is optional:
- A copy of your most recent school-based standardized assessment test scores
- Additional recommendations
- Additional student work, either hard copy or web-based. We do not accept USB drives due to computer security.
- As soon we have received your application and supplementary documentation, we will schedule a day for the applicant to visit our school. All applicants will attend classes and meet with faculty and administrators and have an in-person interview with admissions staff. Parents will be invited to an optional information session with admissions staff or the Head of School.
Please note: We are currently accepting applications for grades 5, 6, 7 and 9, 10, 11. If you have missed the application deadline, please contact admissions directly. There are exceptions when we consider an application post-deadline if there is an opening available in a particular grade level.
*The Hudson School accepts the ISEE and SSAT (and in special cases, alternative tests) as part of the admissions process. We are a host site for the ISEE. Test dates for taking the ISEE at The Hudson School in 2018 are November 3rd and December 1st. For more information, see Taking the Test tab. You may take the examination at any authorized test site.
To register to take the Independent Schools Entrance Exam (ISEE), you must register online at the ISEE registration site. When registering, please note that our school code is 311780. There is a $110 fee for the ISEE. Fee waivers are available to families that demonstrate financial need; however the applicant must take the examination at The Hudson School in order to receive the waiver. To receive a fee waiver code, please send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for the test online. Before taking the examination, the parents and students should read the section “Preparing for the Admissions Test” on the ERB website. A reminder: you must register in advance in order to take the ISEE at The Hudson School.
The Hudson School also accepts the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) as a substitute for the ISEE. More information can be found at http://www.ssat.org/
Dates to remember for the admissions process for applicants for the 2019-20 school year
|Open House||Thursday, April 4 from 6-8 pm|
|ISEE Test Dates @ The Hudson School||November 3rd and December 1st|
|Application Deadline||Upper School: December 15th
Middle School: January 15th
|Financial Aid Request to TADS||Financial aid applications are due on 2/1 for returning students and 2/11 for new students|
|Notification of Aid||by March 15, 2019|
|Deposit Due||March 22, 2019|
The Hudson School is located at the corner of Sixth St. and Park Ave., three blocks west of Washington Street in Hoboken, New Jersey, a short walk from the PATH station.
View Larger Map
Application fees are $80 by cash or check. You may also pay by credit card on the form below.
Please note that there is a $5 fee for paying with a credit card.
- The Hudson School does not arrange home stays
- All international middle school students must live with a parent, no exceptions
- International upper school students may live with a family member or a host family arranged by CIEE or other state department-approved organizations
In addition to steps outlined in the “Process” section above, international students will have an English assessment on all four skills conducted by a Hudson School teacher to ensure correct placement in our curriculum. Please note that international students will be placed in a class according to their abilities rather than their age group. In some cases, basic ESL support in school will be sufficient to a student’s needs. In most cases, supplemental ESL support in the school, private tutoring and/or additional outside programming will be recommended. Supplemental ESL support within the school may add additional fees to the tuition costs and could range from $2,000 to $5,000. Private tutoring and outside programming costs will be determined on an individual basis. Families must agree to comply with the recommendations of Hudson personnel prior to admission.
College Counselor Ms. Berler reviews application materials with Hudson senior on first day of school.