The first step of the admissions process is to take the Independent Schools Entrance Exam (ISEE). You may take the examination at any authorized test site. When registering, please note that our school code is 311780. In order to take this test, you must register online. This link will send you to the appropriate place to register: https://iseeonline.erblearn.org/TestBrowser/Default.aspx
We at The Hudson School are happy to serve as a host site for the ISEE. Test dates for taking the ISEE at The Hudson School in 2016 are October 22nd, November 5th and December 3rd. For more information, see Taking the Test below.
There is a $105 fee for the test. Fee waivers are available for qualified families taking the examination at The Hudson School. Students requiring a fee waiver may receive the waiver code by sending an inquiry to email@example.com prior to registering for the test online. Before taking the examination, the parents and students should read the section “Preparing for the Admissions Test” on the ERB website. https://www.erblearn.org/parents/preparing-test
The Hudson School also accepts the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) as a substitute for the ISEE. More information can be found at http://www.ssat.org/
A reminder: you must register in advance in order to take the ISEE at The Hudson School.
Our Steps to Admission:
- Students register for and take the ISEE or SSAT examination. (see above)
- After we receive the test results, we will mail the student an application. Return the student application, filled out by hand by the student with a $75.00 processing fee. The parent supplement to the application should be returned with the student application. This may be typewritten on a separate sheet if needed.
- To complete your application to The Hudson School, you will be asked to provide us with additional documentation:
- Transcript of final reports from previous grades.
- A recent report card from your present school.
- Recommendations from your current math and language arts or English teacher. The Hudson School will provide you with recommendation forms for your teachers.
- A copy of your most recent school-based standardized test scores.
- Additional recommendations will be accepted but are not mandatory.
- Additional student work, either hard copy or video, will be accepted as part of the application, but is not mandatory.
As soon as all of the above documents have been received, we will invite you to spend a day visiting our school and meeting with faculty and administrators. Due to the limited number of openings at each grade level, please do not delay in providing us with the information we need to consider your application.
Dates to remember for the admissions process for applicants for the 2017-18 school year
|Item||Middle School Dates||Upper School Dates|
|Application Deadline||February 1, 2017||December 31, 2016|
ISEE Test November 5, 2016
ISEE Test December 3, 2016
ISEE Test October 22, 2016
ISEE Test November 5, 2016
|Financial Aid Request to TADS||Financial aid applications are due on 1/17 for returning students and 2/20 for new students.||Financial aid applications are due on 1/17 for returning students and 2/20 for new students.|
|Notification of Aid||March 3, 2017||March 3, 2017|
|Deposit Due||March 15, 2017||March 15, 2017|
|Contract Due||May 1 (or before)||May 1 (or before)|
A reminder: you must register in advance in order to take the ISEE at The Hudson School. For more information about the registration process, please see our “Admissions Process” section. You may also take the exam at a different site.
For more information on the ISEE, please visit their website section entitled:
For information about preparing for the ISEE, please visit their website section entitled Preparing for the ISEE
On the day you are taking the test at The Hudson School:
- The test is scheduled to start at 1 p.m..
- Do not arrive earlier than 12:30 p.m. (We do not want children pacing nervously for 45 minutes before the test!)
- Children should sign in and receive a Visitor’s Pass between 12:30 p.m. and 12:50 p.m.
- Children should bring a beverage or snack.
- Testing will begin at 1 p.m. and end at 4:00 p.m.
- Parents and guardians may wait at the school or return to collect their children at the end of the test.
- The school will provide pencils. Calculators are not needed.
- For information about test makeup dates, please call the school.
The Hudson School is located at the corner of Sixth St. and Park Ave., three blocks west of Washington Street in Hoboken, New Jersey, a short walk from the PATH station.
The Hudson School’s tuition and fees for 2017-2018 is $21,390 which includes all after-school programming and class trip fees, including overnight trips. (This excludes specialty trips like chorus, sports or foreign trips.)
For new students only: we require a one-time $1000 Building Fund fee, due the July prior to a student’s first enrolled year.