Hope all is well. A few friendly reminders for this week follow below. For your convenience, all fliers are attached for details.
- This Thursday, 10/26 at 6:30 PM we’ll have our 2nd Parents Association meeting in the school cafeteria. There will be some light food, and good discussion, so if you can make it, we welcome all parents! If you have any topics you wish to discuss, please respond back to us directly at this email and we’ll cover it!
- Friday, 10/27-7-9 PM-Haunted Hudson! Thanks to all the parents, faculty and students for really coming together for what we know will be an amazing community building event. And scary too! If you are donating decorations for the students to use in the backyard, please drop off no sooner than 10/26, (in the ,AM) so that the front office isn’t overloaded all week with decorations. If your student would like to help decorate the backyard for the event, please have them reach out to Kim Woolfer and/or Chris Baker. The students will start decorating right after school on Friday 10/26 until we start haunting at 7 PM! Thanks to all the parents who volunteered. See attached list to remind everyone what you have signed up for. Those that offered to set up please arrive by 6 pm. We can’t wait to see all the costumes! If anyone has an extra folding table they are willing to bring we may need a few more. Reach out to us at this email if you plan to bring. Special thanks to Sonia Puri and Chris Baker for organizing the costume contest which didn’t make it to this final list :). Yes, there will be a contest, so break out those amazing costumes!
- Thanks to all the Parents, Students & Faculty who volunteered their time to help with The Hudson School Open house on Saturday. Everything executed very well, your time is so appreciated and many new prospective parents found our information very helpful.
Near term Fundraisers:
- Ordering pie from the 12th grade Griggstown Farms fundraiser will get you the most amazing pies to savor at Thanksigiving or to slip into the freezer for some mid-winter cheer later on, AND around 50% of the money for each pie is donated back to The Hudson School. If a pie is not for you, you can also order a pie to donate to the Hoboken Shelter’s Thanksgiving meal. If you have questions, reach out to 12th grade Class parent Tom Lee, TOMMYLEE6464@GMAIL.COM OR Jahna Balk, JBALK@THEHUDSONSCHOOL.ORG. Pies must be ordered by 11/9. See flier attached for details and order form.
- 11/9 Panera Night-4-8 PM-20% Of proceeds donated back to school-MUST PRESENT FLIER AT REGISTER. You can bring a printed copy or download and have on your phone. Invite your friends & family as well by passing around the attached flier on facebook and other social channels. Let’s have dinner together as a community and give back to our school!
- November month-long: Minted.com Holiday Cards-15% of proceeds donated back to school, 15% off with promo code that will be provided (flyer attached) Get your holiday cards done early and also support your school!
- 12/2-12/9 Little City Books (Hoboken)- 20% Of proceeds donated back to school, we await the marketing materials and will send as it gets closer.
- Wine and cheese event at Little City Books for Parents to do some Holiday shopping, 12/5–This will be fun we hope many parents can attend and get some holiday shopping done at the same time!
- Online shopping available during the week
- 12/13 Chipotle Night- 4-8 PM-50% Of proceeds donated back to school (flier will be distributed as we get closer)ONGOING:
- The Box tops Box is in the front lobby, so if you have Box tops to contribute, simply drop them in the box and we’ll submit them to earn money back for our school.
- When shopping on Amazon, remember to donate back to your school through Amazon Smile! Visit https://smile.amazon.com/ to do all of your Amazon shopping and select The Hudson School as your school of choice to donate back to.The school has already earned over $500+ dollars already just through all of us shopping as we already do on Amazon.