A few upcoming reminders for the week.
Little City Books (100 Bloomfield Street, Hoboken, NJ)- See handy shoppable links below for family gifts and Teacher holiday wish lists. If you’d like to give back to your teachers, the wish lists include books they have asked for to further their professional growth or to be used within the classroom.
NEW! –FREE Internet Safety Seminar:A few parents have expressed interest in Internet safety seminars. The Parents’ Association connected with The Hoboken Public Library and they plan to host a seminar that will be delivered by detectives at our Hoboken Police Department for Parents and their teens/tweens on December 11th (see flier attached for details).Topics covered: Basics on protecting your privacy online, Cyberbullying and some of the real life legal ramifications for actions taken online. There will be time for questions.Don’t miss this important seminar. Kids can learn from it, and so can we!Giving is Great- Give Back at The Hudson School!Giving back is an important focus for our school to demonstrate to students how important it is to give back to your community and help those who are less fortunate.There are 3 collections in the main lobby (boxes are all labelled for each cause):
Make the Mutts Merry Liberty Humane Society Drive: Help our furry friends this holiday! Flier attached detailing needs for the shelter located in Jersey City. The shelter’s wish list follows below and box will be in the lobby until 12/15.
-Bleach-Laundry detergent-Dish detergent-Paper towels-Contractor garbage bags-Bully sticks (made in USA)-Home Depot / Lowes gift cards-Wet/Dry Cat Food-Blankets and towels-Newspapers
Toys for Tots Drive:
Mr. Jacobs is collecting for his 4th annual Toys for tots drive. He says “This program is special to meas it helps put smiles on children’s faces. Every kids should get a gift during the holiday season.” If you wish to donate, please bring a new and unwrapped toy to the school to be delivered to children in need. Collection box is in the lobby until 12/15.Hoboken Shelter Drive: The shelter needs personal care supplies, backpacks, warm socks & gloves, Students bring items weekly to the shelter along with sandwiches they prepare through the LOTS program.Near Term Fundraiser-Save the date:12/13 Chipotle Night- 4-8 PM–50% Of proceeds donated back to our school (flier attached). Make sure to bring flier or save to your smart phone and show at the register. See attached.ONGOING:
- When shopping on Amazon this holiday, remember to donate back to your school through Amazon Smile! Visit https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2221017 to do all of your Amazon shopping The school has already earned over $500+ dollars already just through all of us shopping as we already do on Amazon.
- The Box Tops Box is in the front lobby, so if you have Box Tops to contribute, simply drop them in the box and we’ll submit them to earn money back for our school. Due before 2/1/18.Volunteer Opportunities:HOLIDAY LUNCHEON FOR FACULTY:
- Thanks to the many parents who have signed up to prepare food for the faculty holiday luncheon on 12/15. The luncheon it will begin shortly after school closes that day around (1 pm). The luncheon is an opportunity for all Hudson families to thank the faculty for all they do for our kids by providing them with a potluck holiday luncheon. Volunteer to bring something to the holiday potluck OR donate $30 to the event. See signupgenius link below. To donate $30 to the holiday luncheon you can visit the Hudson School website at https://www.thehudsonschool.org/parents-association/ and make sure in comments you note this is your gift for the Holiday faculty luncheon. We are waiting for faculty to inform us on the location of where to drop off food. We will get this info to you soon.
- CENTERPIECE FOR LUNCHEON: We would love to get thank-you letters from the families or students to the faculty sent via email to add to a centerpiece. If you would like to send a thank-you note, please send vial email to this Parents Association address. It can be simple as an email, or if your kids want to get creative with powerpoint and add fun images, that’s wonderful too!
- If any parents are interested in joining a committee to identify a possible new lunch program provider for next year, please email us directly at this email. We will be having a meeting with a possible new provider early January and we would like to include interested parents. We’re not saying we are switching providers, we simply are exploring options available.