A FEW UPDATES
- Thanks again to all parents who attended the first PA meeting. Next Parents Association Meeting is Thursday, 10/26 at 6:30 PM
- If you want to help the Spring Soiree Silent Auction committee- start thinking about gift cards/products you can donate for gift baskets, or any experiences you might be able to donate (ie: English tea event in your brownstone, Cooking classes, Tickets to Hamilton, a week-long vacation at a beach house etc…). Planning will begin in December and we will issue an email on ways you can volunteer at that time.
- Haunted Hudson is ON! When: Friday, 10/27 at 7pm. This is a school community-wide event (Students/Faculty/Parents). Parents and students break out the costumes! Chris Baker and Kim Wolfer (Hudson School Guidance Counselors) have embraced this event & are getting students involved in decorating the Haunted Hudson Backyard after school on 10/27 prior to the 7 pm event. They will coordinate student participation. We really need parents to come together to support this fun event for our kids and us! A link where you can sign-up to volunteer is included below. See flier attached for details planned to date. If you have any additional ideas and are willing to help with planning, please send ideas our way by responding to this email. If you haven’t already signed up for signup genius, it’s free. To access link you may need to sign-up first. http://www.signupgenius.com/
- Cocoa With a Cop-Save the date-Tuesday, October 17th, 7:15 AM in school cafeteria- Jackson & Melanie Murray (students and kids I particularly adore :)) have coordinated the next Cocoa with a Cop. Hoboken’s finest will listen and dialogue on concerns with students, provide safety tips over cocoa and munchkins! We hope your 5th-12th grader can attend.
- Middle School Dance- Save the Date: February 2nd-Valentines Day Themed 6 pm-9 pm. We’ll need many parent volunteers for this event. More to come as we get closer.
CURRENT YEARLONG FUNDRAISERS & DRIVES:
- Box Tops (ongoing)- See updated flier with new box look in lobby by front door. Over 150 box tops were collected and submitted thus far! Thank-you. Lia and I would like to thank Chris Baker and the students for their support coordinating the 2nd submission wave due February 1st. See participating products attached that contain Box Tops as a reference for products you may already have in your pantry!
- Amazon Smile: Please remember to shop on https://smile.amazon.com/
to earn money for your school! Amazon donates .5% of every purchase when you use this link to buy and select The Hudson School as your school of choice to donate to.
- Hoboken Shelter Drive- The drive for our Hoboken Homeless shelter continues. If you have much needed personal care supplies, backpacks, new or gently used socks, gloves– feel free to drop off to The Hudson School lobby in the box near the front door. Students bring these items every week to the shelter along with the sandwiches they make for them through their LOTS program. Giving is great!
Thanks and hope everyone has a nice weekend!